Saturday 16 February 2013

Six Thoughts on Saturday

1.  Sunsets - we've had some stunning sunsets this past week as we've had a few clouds that give gorgeous colour.


2. Mixed media art class - on Wednesdays with local artist Neil Elliott.  We are working on an underwater scene and here's my painting now.


3.  Art Journalling - I've started art journalling  for fun and experimentation and to play with some of the goodies I've bought.  I have been watching a lot of art journal videos and I don't have and am unable to get in Australia some of the products being used.  So the challenge is to use the tools I do have and in that way I can make the pages mine. I used to think art journalling was a waste of time because I couldn't sell the end product but this can be liberating and it means you can look at another person art journal and use it for inspiration.

This page was inspired by Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday journal from Feb 6th, 2013. 





These pages are the beginnings of pages that were inspired by France Papillon's When Was The Last Time journal.  France's page starts with gluing a printed tissue paper which I didn't have so I covered my pre-painted page with sewing pattern.  More to come in the future.


4. Foxes - this morning I saw a fox in our backyard and a few weeks ago at a friend's house we saw one there too.


5. Postage Stamps - I ordered through Ebay some postage stamps to use for art journalling and I'm looking for someone who lives overseas who would like to swap some American or European stamps for some Australian stamps by weight or number.  Please leave a message in the comment section if you are interested, thank you.




6. Confetti Tree with stencilled background - here it is finished:


Here are the progress photos I have shown previously:






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...