Thursday 20 September 2018

North West Germany

3RD - 7TH AUGUST 2018, VISITING FAMILY IN THE NORTH WEST OF GERMANY.

On 3rd August we left Koblenz and hit the autobahn heading north to visit my aunt and uncle, cousins and their families. When we arrived the temperatures were high so we went to the local swimming pool which was built next to a canal and uses spring water. My father helped to build the children's pool. In December 1972 I was 5 when we visited and the pool/lake was iced over so it was exciting to go swimming in it as an adult. The water was 26C and very refreshing.




We also went for a walk in the Bucholz Forest.

My cousins took me to a Land Garden Show in Bad Iburg which had a great treetop walk and we walked around Schloss Iburg too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...