Thursday 25 September 2014

Funky Flower Power

Over the past few weeks I've been creating flowers.

Flower Power, Acrylic, 60cm x 60cm, 20" x 20"

Here are some evolution pics...


This one I added gelli print flowers to the canvas and I had some trouble with it, threw a tantrum and then covered it with white gesso, the painted over it and wiped back some of the paint and the gesso...sigh....It's not how I wanted it to turn out...I wanted to show off the gelli prints but didn't like the ones I'd chosen....

 
I grabbed some old canvases to experiment with my Funky Flowers idea...
 
This one has had many transformations from Nice Girl to Poppies and then to Funky Flowers...




 
This one has also had many transformations too from being part of a four some abstract landscape to more Funky Flowers....



 
This one too...




So I had to make a flower stencil for the gelli plate!!


And it all started when I made these postcards for a swap...


So I've been busy this month painting flowers...which is your favourite painting?

2 comments:

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...