Wednesday 29 August 2012

Wednesday Workshop and Sunday Snippets

Next Tuesday I am flying out to New York City and then to New Hampshire to go to Squam Fall 2012 - an art workshop on Squam Lake.

Today was my last Wednesday Workshop with Neil Elliott, a local mixed media artist for 6 weeks so I thought I'd catch you up on what's been happening at the workshop.  Neil is a great teacher, very informative, always encouraging us to have fun and take risks and gives out lots of praise.

Here are all four StreetScapes that I did this year - using sewing patterns, acrylic paint and masking tape. Interesting to see how I changed as I played around with this style and technique...

Which is your favourite scene???  I like number three - Outback House - the best....

Outback House evolution pics...







Neil's House evolution pics....


Cardboard art I've been working on - background and finished painting:

Little Brown House:


Dragon's Head background - I can see a dragon's head in the background of this painting so that's it's title for now...





Here's Neil Elliott's Batboy!!!


Today Neil showed us his bitumen technique - more work still to be done on this test piece - shame I won't be here to see the transformation...





Here's a group piece we are all working on as a donation to a local school to be auctioned....paint needs to dry then more layers will be added next week...some bitumen too no doubt...a very stinky process...


I created one more Flower painting over the past couple of weeks...


My order of new postcards and business cards finally arrived from Moo - 2 weeks after their ETA...


Lemon Meringue Pie I made for a family dinner last weekend...





Here's what the dinner table looked like - as fancy as it comes in our house...



This is Who I Am pic - me with my new prescription sunglasses on....


So I think we are all caught up with what's been happening....now I can start packing my bags for my Big American Adventure - scared and excited all rolled into one.....any tips or advice is appreciated....

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet you in person!!! Safe travels here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, love all the streetscape scenes. My favourite is the one on the left, just so simple and eye-catching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, I also love your streetscapes and my fave is no 3. I love Batboy too... he is so cute!! I hope you have an awesome trip to America and Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...