Monday 24 October 2011

Where I get my 'Talent' from...

Today is the 20th anniversary of the death of my grandfather, Stanley Rayner, aka Pops. He was always drawing as a child and took up painting later in life.  We all love our grandparents but Pops was a special man, he was a loving husband to Kathleen, aka Nanna, who had a stroke in her early forties and was paralysed on the left hand side, wheelchair bound she was looked after by Pops.  My aunty was 3 when Nanna had a stroke so he would have had to do more of the caring than men would have done in the early 60's.  Pops and my dad had a father-son relationship and my parents cared for him in his last few years.

Me with Pops on my wedding day.....

Pops with his granddaughters, my flowergirls.


Here are some of the paintings of Stanley Rayner;


'Talent' - well, we can discuss what talent is and whether I have it or not later in the week....







3 comments:

  1. Oh you sure are blessed with a wonderful talent ... those painting are truly amazing. This is a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...