Saturday 28 May 2011

Black is the new White....

So  I asked myself what would the painting turn out if I put black gesso on before layering???

And as I woke up this morning sneezing, runny nose, headache and really tired (can't take cold tablets due to high blood pressure) I decided to paint...any excuse and a little time will do....



After painting the black gesso on I added a layer using a brayer roller...

Then I added a bit of colour...


And it wasn't really the affect I was looking for but I went along with it and added a bit more..

Both need more work done to them so I'll let you know later how they turn out...

I started another one which shows the black background coming through,  I just did some stamping on it, not too sure where I'll go next as I'm making it up as I go along, and this time I limited my colour palette as I have trouble with that and I found that my Love Blooms painting I really like as I had decided beforehand what the colour palette would be......



So, what new arty things have you tried lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...