Wednesday 21 May 2014

Art Journaling and DLP and J52

I have this sort of love/hate relationship with art journaling.  On the one hand I love the freedom of it, the fact that I can do what I want and really no one can criticize it as it's not for public consumption.  On the other hand the freedom can be paralyzing - where to start, what to do next and how to pull it all together so it's a cohesive piece. I am my own worst critic at times.... I can't seem to get the layering thing like some people can.....


 And then there are the supplies....art journaling is mixed media at it's best
- journals
- paint - acrylic and watercolour,
- papers - lots of different sorts - old books, dictionaries, gelli prints
- glue/gel medium,
- stamps,
- stencils,
- gesso,
- inks,
- ephemera,
- sprays,
- pencils - normal, watercolour, Inktense,
- Gelatos (whatever they are!),
- rub-ons,
- pens - hard to get good ones that will write over all of the above!!!,
- brushes,
- scissors,
- punches,
- craft knife
- craft paper cutter - use mine all the time!



Documented Life Project - Week 21 Challenge - Add embroidery or embroidery floss to your page.


Week 17 Challenge - Photograph or draw your favorite shoes.


Journal 52 - Week 20 Prompt: Book Inspired


 Week 19 Prompt: Photography


So if you need me I'll be upstairs in my art space....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...