Friday 11 March 2011

Flora Bowley 'Bloom True' workshop next Friday.

Yes, I am excited to be going to this 3 day workshop at Dwellingup which is about an hour and a half from me.  It's going to be great to meet other arty and creative people, learn new techniques, have lots of fun and just getaway from the normal routine of things.

Over the past couple of days I've been working on some more dresses for my 27 Dresses art journal:

The Moulin Rouge "Come what may, I will love you until my dying day"

White Oleander "You're either an artist or you're not.  You are.
Black Swan "The only person standing in your way is you."

Keep or Paint Over?

That is the question with this next painting.  I've done a series of paintings using a brayer/roller for the background and have collaged a house onto one of them and the others have black outlines.  Each night before I go to bed I open the room in which my art stuff lives and look at my recent work and the more I look at this one the more I like it.

I've started a KRR style girlie collage for my niece A who is still laid up in bed after having a car accident about a month ago...so here's a sneak preview...you'll need a good imagination and you may want to check out my other girlie collages on my deviantart site to have some idea of the finished product.  We are going to visit A tomorrow so I need to work on the face, hair and touch up the background too.

2 comments:

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...