Saturday 2 April 2011

Connecting with other artists...

It is so great to connect with other artists and I've been blessed with an abundance in the past fortnight...

I've just been to an Open Studio.  Dixie from the Flora Bowley workshop emailed me about it earlier this week, so I emailed Debbi Baker http://debbibaker.blogspot.com/ to let her know when I would be there. When I got there I wondered if I had come to the right place at the right time on the right day and low and behold Debbi opens the door and I got to meet this gorgeous artist with a Canadian accent who loves to collage and loves Kelly Rae.  Poor thing, I hope she wasn't too overwhelmed with Debbi and I chatting away to each other and asking her a million questions and talking about Flora's workshop....

So Karla, if you're reading this, then thanks for having the open studio. *waves*  I bought some old Cloth Paper Scissors mags from her, one with Kelly Rae talking about blogging so here I am telling you about my experience...

 For so long I've felt like I was the only one in Australia who liked to collage and Kelly Rae, then I met Donna Heart  http://www.donnaheart.com/ and now all these other wonderful artists, it's been so great....the world is getting smaller and yet mine seems to be expanding....


More Flora pics..
And a sneak peak at my latest canvas...

The colours in the photo may not be correct but when it's finished I'll photograph it in natural light.

Happyhappyhappy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...