Tuesday 11 March 2014

The PaperLove Blog Hop



I love paper.  I love to pick up old books and smell the pages.  These are the two old books that I own.




Whilst in Berlin in July 2013 I popped into a store looking for pens and found these beautiful sheets of paper and swooned and sighed - we have nothing like this in Perth, Australia - I wanted to buy one of each for my collection.


 When I first started creating my mixed media girls a few years ago I fell in love with scrapbooking paper.  Those 12 inch square sheets are beautiful works of art. I have a large boxful of yummy goodness - some I can't use because they are simply too pretty and were bought because I just had to have that beauty in my house.  When I go to the local scrapbooking supplies shop I just lose track of time when I'm in there - looking and touching the textured sheets.  Here are a few...


These days I use my gelli plate to create my own original papers to use for my mixed media girls clothes/hair/hats. I use whatever paper I can find on the gelli plate - old map books, old dictionaries and books, greaseproof/deli and tissue paper as well as cardstock and art journal paper. It would be awesome to see some of my gelli prints turned into scrapbooking paper or large sheets of paper.















I loved paper and gelli printing so much that I created the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts FaceBook group to meet others who feel the same way.




The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper! Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight. And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts March 31). Led by book artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five week creative adventure for paper lovers. Find out more here.


Participant list:
Majo Bautista / Tona Bell Louise Best Cathy Bluteau / Jennifer Bomgardner / Giova Brusa / Lindsay Buck / Beka Buckley / Joanna Caskie / Jonathan Chapman (Mr Yen) / Halle Cisco / Sarah Clare / Cathryn Clarge / Dawn Clarkson / Rhiannon Connelly Jenny D'Fuego / Molly Dhiman / Ian Dudley / Ayisatu Emore / Akmal Farid / Monika Forsberg / Claire Fritz-Domeney / Louise Gale / Chrissy Gaskell / Julie Hamilton / Emma Hawman / Rachel Hazell / Holly Helgeson / Claudine Hellmuth / Kim Henkel / Sarah Hoffman / Joanne Hus / Paula Joerling / Beth Kempton / Julie Kirk / Eos Koch / Katie LaClair / Kristy Lankford / Michelle Manolov / Doreen Marts Rosie Martinez-Dekker / Tori Mears / Maria Mederios / Lise Meijer / Debbie Miller / MaryJane Mitchell / Suzy Naidoo / Grace Noel / Hannah Nunn / Camilla Olsson / Jo Packham / Rachelle Panagarry / Monette Pangan / Melanie Paul Nicole Piar / Jen Pitta / Liz Plummer Julie Reed / Michelle Reynolds / Lisa Rivas Angee Robertson / Natalie Ryan / Aisling Ryan / Elisabet Sapena / Kyrrha Sevco / Jamie Sprague / Elizabeth Steele / Terri Stephens / Juniper Stokes / Mary Tanana / Maike Thoma / Linda Tieu Gabrielle Treanor / Tammy Tutterow / Deborah Velasquez / Jordan Vinograd Kim / Cat Whipple / Brooke Witt / Katie Wood Amelia Woodbridge


6 comments:

  1. I so love doing this blog hop. So nice to read about every once love for paper. Thank you for sharing yours.
    /Camilla Olsson - also in the blog hop www.camillaolssonart.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colourful post - I love your printmaking style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic post, I feel the same way about treasuring these exquisite papers. Really enjoyed reading and then admiring your charming mixed media girls with gelli print to do's! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those lovely faces you create are so cheerful. It was lovely to alight on your page via the bloghop. I think I would have also wanted all of those papers from Berlin. Amazing. Hello from London {*}

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was such a thrill to be a part of this blog hop. I loved sharing my love of paper and the craft of decoupage with everyone. and even more excited to read about everyone else’s. #paperlove #bloghop In the blog hop – http://www.designfivestudio.blogspot.in/2014/03/for-love-of-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Wow, what gorgeous papers... I need to get one of those Gelli plates... I have done a bit of monoprinting with actual gelatin plates but they are a pain to prepare.

    I notice you live near Perth - my son is working on a melon farm in Waroona as part of a backpacking adventure at the moment so I was doubly interested in your blog!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...