Friday 15 November 2013

Gelli Prints on Arty Fridays

Arty Farty Fridays!

This week I have been having a lot of fun making more gelli prints and dreamcatchers/mobiles with feathers and flowers.

This print was created on black paper and I used the bubble/circle stencil.

Each print is unique, even if I used the same colours/stencils etc it would turn out differently - and this is what I love about the gelli plate. Each person who uses it creates unique prints. You can borrow stencil/mask ideas from others but colour combinations, paint left on your plate even, how hard you press down on the plate when making the print all help to make a print different to someone elses.



I'm particularly enjoying making these gelli print dream catchers/mobiles as I haven't seen them any where else on the internet. I've taken an old idea and used a new tool and technique to create a new piece of art.  What's been great is there have been no others to compare mine too so that squashes the comparison monster.  I also know that if people do make them (and please do) then theirs will look different to mine.



I've tried different types of paper too - black cardstock, brown paper bags, greaseproof/tracing paper and freezer go-between (which didn't last as the dry paint comes off too easily - so covered it in clear adhesive), old book pages and old maps.





Hope you have a great weekend.

ETA:  Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?

Then I would love you to join me at the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group. This group is open to people who use a Gelli Arts Plate or who make their own gelatin plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...