Monday 11 November 2013

Gelli Print Dream Catcher

I created a Dream Catcher today using some of the gelli prints I made last week.


Update:  I added a little more paint to my dream catchers to make them stand out a little more.


Use a print which has been printed on both sides.  Find a 20cm/8 in plate to use as a template.  I cut out my circle first but next time I will paint the extra lines/decorations before I cut it out. To decide which patterns I would use on the dream catchers I did a practice run in an art journal - great to use for mendalas or zentangles too.


Gelli Arts have made an awesome round gelli plate which would be perfect for this but I don't have one - yet! 

To create the feathers I referred to this Julie Fei-Fan Balzer blogpost. Once again it's best to use a double sided print, which I will do next time, and try using alternate papers too such as book pages or deli paper, these finer papers make great feathers. I cut out the feather shape, glued down some wire I bought at the craft shop, then cut the slits on an angle.


There are so many alternate things you can do to jazz up your dream catcher. You could add more prints or more dangles/feathers/beads.  You could even turn it into a mobile for a child's room...ooh I wonder how doilies would print on the gelli plate?  Hmmm....so many ideas...not enough time!!!

I have mine hanging in my kitchen just because there are several hooks already in the ceiling. Here's both sides (the feathers should have been a double sided print but this was just a test run to see how it goes and it went ok I think, the lines of the decorations should be thicker/darker too) hanging...


So, what do you think?  If you make some let me know as I'd love to see how they look! And if you'd like more ideas on what to do with gelli prints then check out these posts.

ETA:
Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?

Then I would love you to join me at the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group. This group is open to people who use a Gelli Arts Plate or who make their own gelatin plate.



3 comments:

  1. They're lovely, Shell. What a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty cheerful and hope they catch all the good dreams to keep them and repel all the bad ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures and your ideas of how to use our prints from the round GelliArt plates. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...