Friday 9 December 2011

More Progress on Butterfly Girl

I've had a very busy week and have had little time for painting since I've been teaching myself Photoshop, which is a lot like learning Chinese - a totally foreign language.  I started very simply with a tear drop shape which I made into a pattern and into a flower.  I did ask Photoshop  to save it to for the Web but the image was too big.  *shrugs*  I'm not sure how to fix it and will ask my son for help - again.  :D

This afternoon I did some more work on the new butterfly girl - she still needs a little more blocking out I think....and a little more purple...and I can now see where I need to paint in a copper line....


Bad news regarding the group exhibition I was helping to organise - the other artist helping to organise the gallery has decided that she's not ready enough for an exhibition.  She was the other major participant and motivator to get the exhibition going.  I'm really down about all this as I was hoping to sell enough paintings to help fund a trip to the States later next year and it was a good motivator/reason to paint.  Something else or someone else will come along.  Or I'll have to find a builder to build a spare room for all these paintings that I seem to be amassing.....Anybody want to buy a painting???

I added a little Tangerine Tango colour to my blog as this is Pantone's colour for 2012 and goes great with my blue....I had to do some research on how to decipher those codes and turn them into a hex number for blogger....another challenge....so I'm hoping it's the right colour....sigh...




I'm popping these up on my website....these are my new tag lines along with Create an Artistic Life...but having trouble in Picnik.com with adding the colour....more challenges....grr...and I was thinking of changing this font to my own handwriting.....

The good thing about tackling challenges is when you have a win and it feels great.  :D

Have a great weekend, it's after five on a Friday afternoon so I'm off to have a Tia Maria and Coke....

Follow your passion...Live your Dream....

Shells....

ETA:  Photos of the bunnies who come visit us in our garden taken from the chair in the lounge room...our dog used to scare them away...but now she's gone they come to visit more often.


2 comments:

  1. Preeeeeeedy!!!!!!!! Your angels all have the sweetest faces! I would love to come take a look at all your paintings-if I weren't so far away!! Do you have them listed somewhere?
    Good luck with learning all the tech stuff - I am impressed with those boxes and love the words you have chosen!! Cannot wait to see your completed banner and angel! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that Angel more and more every time I see it. It is so gorgeous. Oh the little bunnies in the photos are very cute. We had a couple of bunnies that used to come into our front garden. They didn't seem to have a home, just seemed to belong to the neighbourhood. Sadly one of them didn't fare so well when it hopped onto the street. They suddenly disappeared and I don't know what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...