Friday 4 April 2014

Gelli Print Rock Stacks

After I saw this video by Jane Davies - Gel Plate Shapes - I was so inspired I just had to try this for myself.


I cut out the shapes out of old cereal boxes and used more earthy colours - Micaceous Iron Oxide, which is a sparkly grey colour, raw umber, burnt sienna, paynes grey, transparent iron oxide, quinacridone nickel azo gold and phalo turquoise to name a few.  A different colour palette to my usual one.

The painting above I printed onto watercolour paper so I could use watercolour paints for the background. The prints below are on art journal paper.  I used scrunched up deli/tissue/greaseproof paper and saran/cling/glad wrap to create the textures.



I really love how some of these rocks turned out.



And here's me in Scotland last August building a rock stack....



PS  Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?

Then I would love you to join me at the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group.



1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! I am always fascinated by rock stacks. Jane Davies is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...