Friday 4 November 2011

Scones with Jam and Cream

Before I painted I used to bake - cakes, cookies and slices.  My parents came over for morning tea so today I made scones with jam and cream - if you have a cup of tea with them, as I did, it is called a Devonshire Tea.  I made Lemonade Scones as these are so simple and I got the recipe from Taste.com.


Ingredients

  • 3 cups self-raising flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup cream
  • 1 cup lemonade

Method

  1. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in cream and lemonade.
  2. Mix with a knife until mixture comes together. Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead gently until smooth and pliable.

3. Cut scones into rounds using a scone cutter. Arrange close together on a lightly greased tray.

4. Bake in a very hot oven (220°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.

Serve with jam and cream. Freeze if desired.


This afternoon I am off to the hair salon to have my hair cut, coloured and styled as the Darlington Arts Festival Opening Night is tonight - photos of my painting and my hair in tomorrow's blog - so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I just got my hair cut styled and colored, and it felt so good! It’s how we reinvent ourselves. Best wishes for tonight!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...