Friday 24 June 2011

To Create Art From My Heart...

Haven't been feeling too well this week, emotionally up and down, and headaches have been constant most of the week.  I've written a blog but not posted it.....that sort of week.  I sold 3 paintings this week, so that's great but now need to paint more for the art sale...how sad.  :D

Sunday afternoon and Monday morning art group I  got stuck into The Red Boathouse.  My aim is to sell this canvas but I'm in two minds about this painting - whether to keep it or paint over it.  I'm just not sure about it... I like it but don't love it....and when I look at it I think 'Who would want to buy that?'


On Tuesday my hubby was away so I spent the evening painting and turned this painting:



into this dragonfly:

Dragonfly Windows, Acrylic on Canvas, 46cm x 46cm (18"x18")



This canvas used to have a Pincushion hakea flower on it and was one of the first paintings I ever did and I never varnished it so I decided to paint over it and this is where I'm at:


Today, still more work to do:


These next 2 paintings were originally in my post titled Black is the New White.  They weren't working for me so I painted over them:




Every now and again I have to paint something just for me, eg my Lady Flora painting, and this is on a canvas board I had spare and I've decided to do what ever I want - to create art from my heart...I'll tell you more about it when it's finished:



I must admit that some of my favourite paintings have started this way and in fact all of my paintings should be created this way....as something special to me that I am reluctant to give up to a new home.

Have a great weekend, hope life treats you well and you get a chance to create.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, some of these paintings are so evocative. I find the first one reminds me of Ray Crooke. I love the Dragonfly too and I find the fourth and the last ones quite intriguing. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...