Friday 24 January 2014

DLP Week 4

The Documented Life Project Week 4 challenge - Write a secret message and then paint over all but one key word.



This is how I created the large gelli print circles - I cut out a circle from a cereal box and then placed the stencil over the gelli plate, placed the book in the right position and turned the page over onto the plate and pressed down. I tried turning the gelli plate upside down and placing it onto the page but this wasn't easy as the glass plate it 'stuck' to was not see through.  If I had a round gelli plate then it would have been much easier but they are not available in Australia at the moment and with the Australian Dollar taking a dive they are getting more expensive to buy. *pout*

For the words - I covered them with watercolour masking fluid until I had finished painting the I took it off.  I used a gold paint pen for the smaller circles which are similar to the zentangle/doodles/colouring in I've been doing in another art journal....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...