Friday 4 January 2013

I'm Not Crazy...

I'm not crazy,
I'm just a little unwell, 
My husband likes my hamster cheeks 
As my lymph nodes swell.






So, yeah, this is me, this is who I am, a 'selfie' pic I took a couple of days ago with huge, swollen and extremely painful glands.  And a white tongue - nice hey?

I went to the doctors a week ago with a swollen, painful lump by my left ear as the swelling had increased over night and moved under my ear.  I wanted to get it sorted out before New Year's .  The doc prescribed antibiotics but the swelling increased and a lump appeared on the other side that began to swell up and become painful. And the glands at the back of my neck were unhappy too.

Here in Perth we were experiencing a heatwave with temperatures reaching 42C/108F, I was getting very little sleep and becoming a little dehydrated and spent New Years Day on the couch doing nothing with no energy and in a lot of pain and feeling nauseous and headachy.  On Wednesday by the time I finally get in to see the doc I was beside myself and in tears, poor man.  He sent me for some blood test, one included Glandular Fever/Mono/kissing disease!!! The first results have come back normal and ok...I'll find out the other results later today.

But in the meantime.....this morning the swelling has decreased, I've discovered Nurofen/Ibuprofen is great for the pain but without the pain I tend to overdo things and really need to rest and delegate and ask/accept help.  My husband said that my body is fighting off a little infection and I laughed and said with little infections the glands don't swell so obviously there's some big battle going on in there and hopefully all the bad viruses will be destroyed soon and I'll be back to my regular programming.

My arty plans for January are taking part of Rachelle Pangarry's ArtEyeCandy's Journal Candy class which I've been looking forward too for a month and will hopefully feel well enough to get into it today whilst I rest (lol).




Over the weekend I played around with my new Artist Cellar stencils - Aussie friends do not be put off by the postage as Lisa the owner sent me a partial refund.  These are going to be great fun to play with and I've made some fun back grounds/painting already:


I've also been busy thinking about my word for 2013 and writing my blogpost in my head and playing around in pixlr with images and words.  I'll write my blogpost soon and schedule it for Monday when the FlyTribe Word Hop is scheduled - so looking forward to hopping round and reading about your word for the year.


I hope your New Year has gotten off to a much better start than mine.  Stay safe, keep well and take care,

Shells.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been sick. It seems that every other person is either sick, has someone in their family who's sick or other major catastrophes. Hoping you're better soon and looking forward to our blog hop on Monday. My word chose me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, awesome that your word chose you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Shell. I'm so sorry that you are sick. I really hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's hot! Please take good care of yourself thru the heat and feel better soon. Your latest work has been truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...