Saturday 6 October 2012

The Kelly Gang

I haven't had the chance to create any art since Squam three weeks ago so I decided to create some girls inspired by my class with Kelly Barton to get my mojo back. I bought a bunch of supplies in the States and had to post them back as I didn't have room in my suitcase and the weight would have put me over the limit.  They have yet to arrive home and I can't wait for them to get here but I did bring my new supply of washi tape back with me though.

I should give them all names but have numbered them instead...

KG1 is elegant.





KG2 is a little untidy.





Mixed media - watercolour paper, acrylic paints, watercolour crayons, scrapbooking papers, stamps/ink, pencils, pens, washi tape....

I am trying to let go of neat and tidiness in my work and to make it more loose looking and flowing, so yes, the lines are wonky on purpose but I still painted inside them...so I must work on painting outside the lines for the next girl....I also need to work on creating more layers in my collages...

Here is my Cotton Candy girl I created at Squam...



Hope you are having a creative weekend too....

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Shell :) I love Miss Elegant!! I confess I've never painted a girl will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girls! I especially love your cotton candy girl - love that pink hair! Every time I paint a girl I stop because I just feel insecure about it - guess I need to practice, right?

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! So fun, Michelle!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell, I love your girls, especially the eyes and lips. Isn't it great that you saw the winners of Artprize! I thought the top 10 were all great! I'm going back to Grand Haven on Thursday to see my grandson, Corbin. I told his mum that we'll all go into town and maybe up to the pier, depending on weather.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...