Wednesday 21 November 2012

Evolution Pics of New Painting

Today we had no power so I created this new painting.  It was going to be a window/portal painting using mixed media techniques but ended up like this....so I may change it yet.....

Mixed media on canvas - using old dictionary pages, sewing patterns and acrylic paints.

46cm x 92cm, 18" x 36"


Here are the evolution pics...

 

Here are some close up shots....love the drawing of the little boy kicking a ball in the first frame...


This painting is very similiar to Up North which I created earlier this year, so I may make some changes to this new one and keep working on it....






Which one do you like best?


My inspiration....the Cockburn ranges in the north east of Western Australia.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, it emanates 'outback' and 'Australia'. Nice work with an interesting technique. I particularly like the almost echoes of trees at the base.

    I really like the freedom of technique in it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting process Michelle, I particularly like your evolution pics.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...