Sunday 1 July 2018

July 2018 GPE Challenge/Inspiration

I have created a challenge per month for my Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook group.


July 2018 challenge is Texture - share with us your favourite texture making tools and the prints you create with them. Inspiration - the tools you find around your house and in cheap stores. You are to inspire others and in return receive inspiration from them.


My favourite way to make texture is to scrunch up thin paper (greaseproof paper in Australia), then unscrunch and place on the painted gel plate. Different amounts of pressure produce different results. The scrunched paper can then be used in collage.


I also like to use bubble wrap - the bubbles come in different sizes. I have found other packing materials fun to use too.




I have found a few different tools at the dollar store, such as mats.



Here are some videos for you to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ceOCg-tBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrRAAzL_jw

I look forward to seeing what tools you use to make texture on the plate.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...