Wednesday 30 July 2014

More New Stencils For the Gelli Plate

I've created three new stencils for my gelli plate. 



The roll of acetate was proving difficult to flatten so here's a few more tips:

Tip of the day No. 1: Do not try to flatten acetate roll by pouring boiling water over it - your stencil will buckle and you will cry.



Tip of the day No. 2: You can try to iron out the buckling and flatten the stencil but start off on the lowest heat and have a tea towel folded in half with the acetate stencil in the middle.



Tip of the day No. 3: Buy acetate sheets if they are available.  They may be more expensive than the roll but they are a better size but seriously all the bother and difficulty is not worth $1.  (The roll was $5 = 500mm x 550mm/20 x 22 inches and the sheets are $3 = A3 = 2 x A4 = 29.7 x 42.0cm, 11.69 x 16.53 inches. Its area is 0.125 square meters, or 0.15 square yards,1.35 square foot, 193.75 square inches.)

The previous stencil inspired me to create this fish one:
 


This stencil I had thought about but then found something I had in mind on Pinterest - so I made some changes and added a few more bridges.








What am I going to do with all these prints?  I'm going to package them up and sell them on Etsy! They'll be in the shop early next week, I need to create a few more to fill up the envelopes!

PS  Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?
Inspire and be inspired as a part of the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group. I would love for you to join me there.











No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...